- University of Minnesota Morris (UMM) is one of the top public liberal arts colleges in the nation. As one of five campuses of the University of Minnesota, UMM has a unique mission and offers the best of both in the world of higher education—a small, close-knit campus complemented by the power of a world-renowned research University system.
- With an enrollment of about 1,900 students and more than 145 teaching faculty, the UMM campus attracts students from throughout Minnesota, 28 additional states and 14 foreign countries.
- Over 15% of the UMM student body are students of color, the highest percentage among all University of Minnesota campuses.
- The "Morris experience" emphasizes faculty/student collaborative research, study abroad and service learning. UMM offers bachelor of arts degrees in 30 majors and is consistently ranked as one of the nation's top public liberal arts colleges by U.S. News & World Report and others.
North Star Scholars Program
North Star Scholars will:
- Be encouraged to attend events within the college and with students from Alliance partners.
- Learn about undergraduate research opportunities.
- Develop expertise in a STEM field and be encouraged to continue on to graduate or professional school.
- Have access to tutoring and mentoring throught the Multi-Ethnic Resource Center.
- Be encouraged to take advantage of the The Gateway Program. A is a four-week transition program which includes a four-credit umbrella course that covers the areas of mathematics, English and computer science.