We will begin accepting applications for the MnDRIVE/LS-NSSA summer internships in late November 2021! Deadline to apply will be February 1st.
Get Ready for Summer 2022--Apply to join a MnDRIVE Research Project!
Thanks to a collaboration between the North Star STEM Alliance and Minnesota's Discovery, Research, and InnoVation Economy (MnDRIVE), our students may participate in paid research internships with MnDRIVE researchers. MnDRIVE is a partnership between the University of Minnesota and the State of Minnesota that aligns areas of research strength with the state’s key and emerging industries to address grand challenges. North Star students may apply for research opportunities within four areas:
Applications will open every year on February 1 and close on the Friday of the first week of March. For 2022, applications will close Friday, March 4. Successful matches will be announced by April 15.
Benefits of MnDRIVE awards:
- Great experience in STEM which may lead to a more robust resume and stronger recommendations
- A $4,000 stipend funded through financial aid
- Opportunity to produce a poster and present the research at the Summer Undergraduate Research Expo
- Completed 45 credits by end of spring term (preferred, but not required)
- Have a GPA above 2.75
- Be fully committed to the research experience (i.e.: not planning to hold a full-time job or enroll in a course)
- Must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Must not be a graduating senior (May or August graduates are not eligible)
2022 Internship Dates:
February 1: Application opens
March 4: Application closes
June 2: Internship Kick-Off and Luncheon
June 6: MnDRIVE program begins
July 28: Summer Undergraduate Research Expo
July 29: Summer research internship ends
How to Apply (scholars):
- Complete an online application (opens February 1)
- Have a copy of your most recent college transcript
- Submit a personal statement that is no longer than 500 words and addresses the following:
- Expresses why you wish to participate in this research program, and what you hope to gain through the experience – including any information that you feel supports your request to participate (i.e. research experiences, coursework, employment, internships).
- Describes your career goals and how you plan to reach them through graduate education or future employment.
- Arrange for a letter of reference (from a professional reference) and submit it with your online application
Are you a faculty member? Interested in becoming a LS-NSSA/MnDRIVE faculty mentor? Please complete this faculty interest form by December 1.
MnDRIVE 2021 Posters
Click here to view MnDRIVE 2021 cycle poster presentations.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.