LS-NSSA offers scholars the chance to apply for research funding with a faculty mentor. Faculty-sponsored research can happen two ways: the faculty member can reach out to NSSA requesting an undergraduate research assistant/mentor and our office will promote the opportunity and facilitate the application process, or if you establish a mentor/mentee relationship with a faculty member you can apply for funding to continue that relationship by joining the faculty's research team or project.
LS-NSSA provides pays for the time you spend on a research project. NOTE: We do not cover outside costs associated with the research project such as lab funds or additional training or materials needed.
To be eligible to apply for research funding, you must:
- Be a LS-NSSA scholar
- Meet requirements of being funded by NSF
- Find a faculty that is willing to sponsor you as a mentee
- Complete a research proposal and have it approved by the faculty mentor
- Obtain faculty signature(s) and submit the faculty recommendation form
- Email the completed proposal and faculty recommendation form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding research funding requests please email us at email@example.com.